Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No video wih integrated graphics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 goto3

goto3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:21 AM

Hello, I have no video with my integrated graphics.

PC Specs:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 (latest bios)
I5 4670K
8gb Mushkin Silver Line 1333Mhz
Corsair VX 550w
Geforce 7300 gs (test video card)

I was watching a stream (PC was working fine) on twitch, went to eat and when I arrived the PC monitor was without signal, audio from stream was still playing so only the video was not working. I press the power button to shut down. Once it turned off I press the button again, the PC start to turn on and off each 1-2 seconds, ON and OFF and ON and so on.

Memory was not the problem since I installed another one and it didn't work. Disconnected everything, disk, fans, USB headers, sound card and the PC turned ON normally but there was no video. The Motherboard display showed numbers between 28 to 34 (Early CPU Initialization).

I installed a spare video card, 7300 gs and I had video!!

On windows devices it does not find the Intel HD 4600 graphics.

When I plug the DVI cable to the motherboard I have no video, on graphics card I do.

I think I have a defective Motherboard but why was it working fine and suddenly no video?

Sorry for my English.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 robertdane101

robertdane101

• Banned Spammer
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:00 AM

This could happen because of a voltage fluctuation.

But as the PC was still running it may be corruption of windows drivers. You should once try uninstalling graphics card and reinstalling it. 

#3 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:33 AM

Windows graphics drivers are not required until after the POST - so if the computer will not complete the POST then it's not a driver problem.

So you appear to have a hardware problem - which could possibly have been a PSU problem - but if you fit a graphics card then you do get video - which indicates that the PSU is almost certainly OK.

So I also think you have a defective motherboard - as to why it failed suddenly - that's what many things do when they fail, they are working and then they stop working. Only sometimes do you get any advance warning of impending failure.

The remaining question is whether you want to replace the motherboard now or use a separate graphics card - I would use a separate card & only replace the motherboard if more parts of it fail.

(BTW there is no problem with your English!!)

#4 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

If the mainboard's integrated video processing circuits/output(s) have failed, certainly a low-dollar basic video card will at least allow the cpu and mainboard to continue being utilized...

(I'd jump into the mainboard's BIOS (with the the add-in GPU installed, obviously)just to make sure no BIOS options pertaining to onboard video mysteriously became enabled/disabled for whatever reasons...)

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users