Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC crashes during gaming

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FakedYapper

FakedYapper

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

Details: Hello simply put my pc for the past few months has begun crashing. It occured randomly and it started via the way of the monitor not displaying an image when turned on. The problem would occur randomly and the fix was random as well. Usually unplugging the cmos battery or swaping the pci E cable to a different one in the graphics card. This happened less frequently and very rarely however crashes has begun to occur. I ran tests on my hard drive both of them and found that my HDD has some bad ports so i unplugged it and the crashes still occured. I removed the RAM all together and plugged another 8GB stick i have laying around and the problem still occured. I recently just brought a Corsair VS 550 550 W power supply and the problem still occured. The reason i brought a new powersupply is because in the events tab in windows 7 the ERROR tells me to be kernel 41 which is a power related one however changing the power supply seemed to not have fixed anything. 

Computer specs: 

Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz 

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz corsair 

H81M-PLUS (SOCKET 1150) motherboard

Asus strix r9 380 series from AMD

240 gb SSD from samsung

1TB ssd from Wester Digital

Attempted Fixes: 

Swapping the RAM entirely

Taking out the HDD

Buying a new PSU 

Cleaned the PC fans new thermal paste that sort of thing

New windows multiple times new drivers install formating nothing worked

Please help me as i am at a lost to what the problem is. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

You may have used a different PSU, but, not necessarily a high quality, known good PSU...

Any trusted friends who can test your GPU in their rig for 45 minutes?

What do you mean by a hard drive having 'bad ports'?

DOwnload/install/run GSmartControl...

If your WIndows drive (SSD) or storage drive (game installed on it?) can't pass a 2 min short test, it is bad.....

http://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.net/home/index.php/Downloads

(64 bit Windows installer halfway down the page)

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users