Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print color problem with Epson Workforce WF-3620

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roxabox

Roxabox

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

Hello again,

I am having another problem with my Epson printer. It's been occurring since I bought the thing so maybe it's just a crappy printer despite the reviews I read on it before buying.

So, as I have mentioned before I have a small online business which requires the use of my printer to print pictures. This one specific print design I have is mostly black with bold- supposed to be- bright green text which is the main catch to this design. However, when I print out the design the green is far from bright. It's more like an evergreen color when it's printed. I tried changing several different properties in both my printer settings and the program I used to make the design (Photoshop CS5) and nothing has worked. 

I have attached a couple photos, the one with the brighter green text is what I would like it to print out like and the one with the not so bright green is what I would like to avoid.

P.S. I tried calibrating my monitor too.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 18,177 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

I'm not sure it will solve your problem but have you tried adding the ICC profiles for the printer?

See this page.

https://www.epifocal.net/photo/color-management/epson-workforce-wf-3640-icc-icm-profile-for-ultra-premium-photo-paper-glossy-1

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,144 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:34 PM

What medium are you printing onto? Is is something that is clear like a clear film sticker? That appears to be the case.

If that is the case, then ink is likely not opaque enough to fully over come the black from the lighter behind it. The result is the black behind (not adjacent) the ink is potentially "darkening" the ink color. You might need to find a way to print multiple layers and/or more ink or use an opaque medium.

Think of it like trying to paint over a really dark red wall with white paint. You will still see the red through the white paint after one layer of white paint and likely even after two or even three layers.

Edited by smax013, 23 May 2017 - 01:35 PM.

[soapbox] backup = good...no backup = bad[/soapbox]

Please DO NOT PM me for computer help or advice or in response to my reply to your topic/issue. Instead, please post your reply to the forums. This is because there maybe more than just me trying to help you AND it ensures that any solutions to your issue are there in the original topic for others to learn from in the future.

The Bleeping Computer Welcome Guide
Bleeping Computer Forum Rules

Safe "Interneting" Tips

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

I'm thinking a laser printer might be a good investment for you.  Toner is a solid where ink is a liquid.  If smax013 is correct about the ink not fully covering the black of the lighter a laser printer may be the solution.  The only thing I know where an ink printer is required is to print on transfer paper for things like shirt designs.

#5 Roxabox

Roxabox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 11:34 AM

I'm not sure it will solve your problem but have you tried adding the ICC profiles for the printer?

See this page.

https://www.epifocal.net/photo/color-management/epson-workforce-wf-3640-icc-icm-profile-for-ultra-premium-photo-paper-glossy-1

The paper I use is white matte sticker paper. All those ICC profiles are for glossy. I tried messing around with the profiles but I made it worse at one point so I stopped messing with them until I can find the proper one. Lol.

What medium are you printing onto? Is is something that is clear like a clear film sticker? That appears to be the case.

If that is the case, then ink is likely not opaque enough to fully over come the black from the lighter behind it. The result is the black behind (not adjacent) the ink is potentially "darkening" the ink color. You might need to find a way to print multiple layers and/or more ink or use an opaque medium.

Think of it like trying to paint over a really dark red wall with white paint. You will still see the red through the white paint after one layer of white paint and likely even after two or even three layers.

I use white matte sticker paper. The glossy look is from the clear shrink wrap I use to protect it.

Edited by Roxabox, Yesterday, 11:34 AM.

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,144 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 12:04 PM

I use white matte sticker paper. The glossy look is from the clear shrink wrap I use to protect it.

So, it is an opaque sticker paper (as opposed to transparent)? If so, then how is the black surrounding color achieved? Is it also done by ink? If so, then my original supposition if off point. I was assuming the that media was a clear material with only green ink with the black being from the lighter's original color showing through the clear material that did not printed ink on it.

One issue likely is the matte finish. Matte finishes generally don't "pop" as much as glossy finishes. This is the big reason why you see many LCD displays on laptops have gone to glossy finishes (this includes Apple displays). It is an easy way to make colors pop a bit more (even if you now need to deal with glare on said laptop displays).

[soapbox] backup = good...no backup = bad[/soapbox]

Please DO NOT PM me for computer help or advice or in response to my reply to your topic/issue. Instead, please post your reply to the forums. This is because there maybe more than just me trying to help you AND it ensures that any solutions to your issue are there in the original topic for others to learn from in the future.

The Bleeping Computer Welcome Guide
Bleeping Computer Forum Rules

Safe "Interneting" Tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users