Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With My Printer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Luvkitty

Luvkitty

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

Hello All!!

As I mentioned in my last post, I recently moved from a house to an apartment. Before I moved, my scanner and printer were working fine, but since the move, neither of them are working properly. I already posted a question about the scanner, so this post is about my printer problem.

It's a HP deskjet 656c printer. There are actually a few things going on with it. One is that it starts to print properly, and then part way through it starts making a clicking type of sound or some message will pop up on my laptop screen that says there is a problem and the printer failed to print. It will then start printing from the beginning all over again!! Other times it just stops altogether, and the error message keeps going bezerk, for lack of a better word!!

I've already checked to make sure the paper is loaded properly, and it is. I've also tried hitting the button on the printer that usually turns orange if there is a problem or out if the printer is out of paper, etc. The light didn't turn on, but I tried pushing it anyway, but it didn't fix the problem.

I've also checked the printer (forget what it's called, but it's the place where you check to see the status of the print jobs, and you can cancel them if you need to.) There wasn't a bunch of jobs waiting to print, and I also tried canceling the job and starting over. Still keep having the same problem.

I've also unplugged the printer from the laptop and turned the printer off for several days, but when I came back to try printing with a NEW job, I still had the same problem. Also, the printer doesn't appear to be out of ink, and the problem happens whether I'm printing only in black or if I'm printing in black and another color.

When I tried to print a very short job (five lines), the printer worked the first two times, but after that, it refused to print at all.

That's all the info. I can think of to give you. Do you think you can help me fix this? Thanks so much!!

Michele

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:31 PM

Hello Luvkitty, Having looked thru many many articles at HP. I feel you need to contact them about the solution.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/contacthp?lc=en&cc=us
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Luvkitty

Luvkitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:40 AM

Thanks so much for checking all that out for me, boopme!!! That was very nice of you, and I did take your advice and contact HP. I'll let you know what I find out. I just sent the email today because I haven't been around much to use my printer, but as soon as I hear anything I'll post it here in case it's of help to somebody else in the future. Thanks again!!

Michele :thumbsup:

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:37 PM

You're most welcome. Sorry I couldn't nail it. I noticed most fixes came to a dead end and require HP tech support. Let us know how you make out....
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:29 AM

Are you able to print a 'test page' from within SETTINGS>> PRINTERS & FAXES>> right click on your printer and choose PROPERTIES, then click on TEST PAGE. See if this prints correctly. If this doesen't print or comes out incorrectly it maybe a mechanical/electrical fault with your printer, it may of got damaged during your move.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#6 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:59 PM

Try these things
1.Check the condition of your printer cables
2.Check to maker sure that your printer pins (the ones that deploy the ink) are not bent
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users