Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommendation for 10" Tablet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 leonicholson

leonicholson

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

I currently have a Dell Latitude ST2 with Windows 8.1. Incredibly slow for internet use. (Much slower than my Windows phone on WIFI).

I  need recommendations for something inexpensive, probably for a used or refurbished Ebay purchase. It does need to have decent resolution, battery life and speed. I do not need a phone connection or keyboard. (Have Logitech Wireless Keyboard).

Basically, just a fast and inexpensive 10" internet browsing tablet.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 robertdane101

robertdane101

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted Yesterday, 01:31 AM

If you are not after brand and just want it for internet browsing any Chinese made tablet will suffice your need.

This one is available within $50 range. 

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,800 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 AM

I don't think I've ever owned a fast tablet.  Fast and inexpensive don't normally travel in the same circles.

Did you have an app store preference?  I picked up an RCA Galileo Pro because my Kindle Fire HD didn't allow installs from the Google Play Store and anything I bought with an Android app seemed to only have the app on the Play Store.

#4 leonicholson

leonicholson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 11:55 AM

Fast and inexpensive don't normally travel in the same circles.

Sure beginning to look that way.  The Dell would be perfect if it browsed a bit faster.

I have seen 8" tablets that use Windows Mobile OS, but not larger ones.  My Lumina 640XL was cheap and is fast, but I need a 10" screen.

Android OS seems tied to specific manufactures and difficult or impossible to update.

I have always used Windows computers and phones, so naturally prefer them, but may try Android if I'm able to understand which version is better.

Reviews seem so conflicted and confusing

And...........Thanks!

Edited by leonicholson, Yesterday, 11:56 AM.

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,800 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 03:07 PM

Android releases are desserts in alphabetical order.  Marshmallow is the last one, Nugget is the current, but I wasn't able to find any Nugget devices when I was looking.  By sticking to a stock Android you can use the Google Play store where most applications are released.  Forks like the Amazon Kindles use an Amazon version that is locked to the Amazon store.  You can make the Kindles use the Google Play store, but it isn't for the faint of heart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users