Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Blue screen for six months, finally asking for help.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 detoxpenguin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:29 AM

Running Windows 7, 64 bit.  Desktop PC that is custom built (wife and I are in tech fields and work as contractors).

Hardware: intel i7-4770k @3.5 ghz

16 gb ram

asus z97 pro mobo

evga gtx 1070 gpu

750w psu

The wife has a PC as well. Switching our mobo and cpu's and ram while keeping gpu's, psu's, and hard drives results in bsod free experience for both users. The issue is that I do a lot of rendering and performance intensive works, and switching those gives me a very underpowered cpu to work with (resulting in large amounts of lost time).

I have reinstalled windows 7 fresh multiple times (most recently, about two months ago, prior to switching components yet again, as working with a crippled system is better than not working at all), and all drivers are up to date.

We really thought we were PC pro's, so this is kind of a kick in the ego, as well as the wallet.

I need an adult.

Edited To Add: memtest on ram shows everything is fine, this was done prior to posting. We bought new ram anyways when this first started happening (can't always trust software, and we were out of ideas), it continued to bsod. The next problem appeared to be the mobo, and we were still within warranty, so we rma'd. Their tests showed everything working flawlessly, and they sent it back.

Attached Files

Edited by detoxpenguin, 19 May 2017 - 12:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 detoxpenguin

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

So we've disabled all the drivers, and started reenabling them one by one. The issue starts with nvidia drivers. We've removed the drivers and reinstalled them, same issue. Any help?

#3 bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

Hi, detoxpenguin, :)

Since the log files are a little bit "stale" can you send me a fresh set of logs again?

Best regards,

If I do not reply in two days, please message me.
BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users