Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A malware makes Browser icons (specifically Google Chrome and Firefox).

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gavrail

Gavrail

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

I removed the desktop icons and the folder in the target located in properties but they still keep coming back. What do i do?
Google chrome target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Baglook\Application\chrome.exe"
Firefox target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firefox\Firefox.exe"
Note that i uninstalled Google chrome and never installed firefox

Edited by Gavrail, 19 May 2017 - 09:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jps96

jps96

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

I have de exact same problem, i scaned it with malwarebytes and it removes the files and icons but  they keep coming back a few days later, hitmanPro also did nothing.

​I also had the baglook file as target but they keep coming back with new names.
​Chrome target: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hippig\Application --> Hippig file

Firefox is always the same target.

The malware also changed my browser default search engine, homepage and new tab page to ourluckysites (it was annoying but could change again to Google with no problema), but last time before i uninstalled Chrome, it changed to mystarting123, and i couldn't change to Google anymore.
​Now i have uninstalled chrome and can't install it again.

​I don't know what else to do...

Need help fast!

Edited by jps96, 25 May 2017 - 10:45 AM.

#3 Pikachu-_-

Pikachu-_-

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

Hey jps96,

i had the problem as well a few minutes ago and saw that you have it as well.

So i can help you really good, i have a malware scanner and remover installed on my pc which is called

- AdwCleaner

it is from MalwareBytes.

you should install it from the official site and open it.

then you should click on the start scan button, and then wait. you will see, how many problems were found.

after the scan you should be able to see which folders, programs are infected with ransomware and you can delete it then.

you have to restart your pc and then you will be seeing a text file opening on ur pc with the scan review.

IT REALLY WORKED FOR ME AND I HOPE YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH THAT TOOL AS WELL

I ALREADY SAVED IT IN A SPECIAL FOLDER BECAUSE I KNOW I WLL BE INFECTED REALLY FAST ;)

good luck :)

Pikachu-_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users