Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound issues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Markgee

Markgee

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

I recently purchased a Bose Companion 5 speaker system for my PC. It is connected through a USB port instead of a sound card. My older speaker system was a Klipsch 5.1 Pro Media system which connected through a Sound Blaster Control Z sound card. The system finally died after many faithful years of service! The problem I am having now is connecting my sound to play in Paltalk music rooms. When I go to activate the microphone and play through my sound card nothing works. Is it because I am no longer playing through a sound card and going through a USB connection. I want to continue to join my friends on Paltalk and sharing my music. Please can someone help me resolve this issue!!!

Thank you kindly!!!!

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 19 May 2017 - 04:56 PM.
Moved from Win 8/8.1 to External hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

Is it because I am no longer playing through a sound card and going through a USB connection.

Short answer would likely be yes, but I would need more details on the process you used before to share your music in the Paltalk music rooms before as I am not familiar with them. What steps did you do in the past? You will likely need to adjust those steps.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

Does the Bose system have a place where you can connect your microphone?  If not the easy solution would be to get a USB microphone.  Otherwise you probably need to go into Sound in Control Panel and set up the microphone.  Most likely the Bose took control when you connected it, but the sound card should still work.

#4 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

Check to see if you still get a microphone volume setting in Windows.  Sometimes it gets disabled.

#5 Horus45

Horus45

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:19 AM

I recently purchased a Bose Companion 5 speaker system for my PC. It is connected through a USB port instead of a sound card. My older speaker system was a Klipsch 5.1 Pro Media system which connected through a Sound Blaster Control Z sound card. The system finally died after many faithful years of service! The problem I am having now is connecting my sound to play in Paltalk music rooms. When I go to activate the microphone and play through my sound card nothing works. Is it because I am no longer playing through a sound card and going through a USB connection. I want to continue to join my friends on Paltalk and sharing my music. Please can someone help me resolve this issue!!!

Thank you kindly!!!!

Do you have a webcam connected to the computer?

My problem was the microphone in the webcam was set as Default Microphone for the whole system.

#6 Tech_Geeker

Tech_Geeker

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, i need to check the default microphone for whole time since it keeps changing every time. Have tried some speakers that i got and the result is always similar.

Edited by Platypus, 31 May 2017 - 03:50 AM.
Removed irrelevant hyperlink

#7 EmeraldStone

EmeraldStone

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:40 AM

Maybe it has something to do with your settings. Check your audio properly, make sure your audio output device is not muted. Try to troubleshoot you webcam microphone as well, one thing you might consider to do is to connect your webcam to an alternate USB port in order to know what's the cause of your sound issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users