Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook .pst File

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gusztavjonas

gusztavjonas

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:51 AM

I received a message that my Outlook.pst file was corrupted.  I then ran the Scanpst.exe repair utility against this corrupt file.  Now, when I open outlook I cannot send/receive email because there are no email accounts.  When I go to Tools, I do not have an option to setup a mail account.  Also, all email contacts have been removed.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gusztavjonas

gusztavjonas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

Guys, what can you recommend? how to be?

#3 davidcarey

davidcarey

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

I'd recommend creating a new profile, then importing the pst that you repaired. You have to have Outlook closed to create a new profile. Then go to Control Panel > Mail. Create the new profile, make it the default when Outlook opens. After you open it the first time, go to

File > Import/Export > Import from another program or file > Personal File Folder > (choose the pst you repaired and replace duplicates) > finish.

#4 davidcarey

davidcarey

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

Another note...when you did the repair, it should have created a repair pst. Try this same procedure on the unrepaired pst and you may get all of your data. If your pst was over 2 GB, maybe not.

#5 davidcarey

davidcarey

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

Sometimes Scanpst.exe not recover normal data, if for example they are larger than 2 GB. in this case, can help you outlook .pst repair tool PST Repair Kit. it paid, but I liked how it works.    http://www.outlookpst.repair/

#6 gusztavjonas

gusztavjonas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

Thanks for the advice. Your link was very useful for me! Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users