Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Confusing No Power Situation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ageek

Ageek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:57 AM

Hi i've got a HP Pav DV4 which was dropped. Now I have blinking power light when connected to ac adaptor with the battery but when I remove the battery still connected to ac adaptor no lights. and on pressing power button the all lights comes on for 2 seconds and go off(this is again with battery) a bit frustrated. I have stripped it down to mobo only still the same. Can Anyone help.!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

Hey Ageek,

Pull out the high powered magnifying glass and light and start looking for a hairline crack on a trace on the motherboard or a solder joint that may have come loose from the impact of being dropped.

Sounds as something may have been broken or cracked from the drop. :(

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Did the drop happen to end with the adapter connector hitting the floor or got pulled, jammed??  That would indicate the connector on the internal power board is damaged.  Some are mounted to a smaller board that connects to the MOBO, others are mounted directly to the MOBO.  Damage can result in separated connector pins, fractured boards and traces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users