Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exe Files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steinmetz

steinmetz

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:30 PM

I have notice on my task manager that 2 programs are running that I have no idea what they are. They are eudcp.exe and wowexe.exe. What are these and do I need them. If I dont need them and they are a virus of some kind, could you please walk me through the steps to get rid of them.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:44 PM

Use the Startup List database (tabbed at the top of the BC page) to determine whether these two are needed, optional, or should be killed.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:05 AM

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? If not, start here:

If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0 in "SAFE MODE".
Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.

Download and scan with Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06. Setup & Configure as shown here.
Download and scan with Spybot S&D 1.4. Setup & Configure as shown here.
[DO NOT choose the option to install TeaTimer]
Note: If you encounter any error messages while downloading the updates, manually download them from here.

Then perform this online Virus scan:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Trend Micro Housecall
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:22 PM

doese it say wowexe.exe?
or does it say wowexece.exe?
or dose it say wowexec.exe?
------------------------------------------
if it says wow exece.exe see below

SysMon wowexece.exe
X

Added by the Troj/Mulan-A trojan.
-------------------------------------------
if it says wowexec.exe see below

Wowexec WOWExec.exe

(Microsoft) Windows on Windows Executable environment process, or more specifically Win16 on Win32 it runs on Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003. WOWEXEC is started by NTVDM. As explained elsewhere on these pages, NTVDM is itself started every time you run a 16-bit program (this may be a DOS program, a Windows 3.1 program, or even a program designed for Windows 9x/NT4 but which has a mixture of 16-bit and 32-bit programming code).

Recommendation :
Leave alone see NTVDM for more details.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i would go here for a comprehensive database for TASKMANAGER ITEMS(not startup) http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users