Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winvmx Removal troubles

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KentaGrace

KentaGrace

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:28 PM

I've been infected with winvmx and am having trouble getting it removed, trying to follow the steps here

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-winvmx-client-and-vmxclient.exe-pup

However, even at the very beginning step 2, downloading and trying to run Rkill, I can't run any of the different downloads. I keep getting the error that the requested resource is already in use.  Previous to this, I have installed and used SuperAnitSpyware, and RogueKiller, however neither of them has been able to remove this.  Additionally I attempted to download and install MalwareBytes, but was unable to get that to run either.  Can anyone offer any other options, if I can't get Rkill to run, or how I can get it to work?

Edit: This might be in the wrong place, not sure

Edit2: Disregard, I followed the steps in another thread including using MBAR and have gotten everything working to be able to install MBAM and cleaned my system, thank you for moving this topic.

Moved from Windows 10

NickAu

Edited by KentaGrace, 19 May 2017 - 08:35 AM.
Mod edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users