Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Can't Change My Ie Homepage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tomster

Tomster

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:05 PM

Hi,

I just recently got infected with a bunch of adware and spyware junk off of a cdc download. I looked through your website and found a place that got rid of virus burst (it got installed to) and followed the steps. It worked and i got rid of it. (thanks for the help with that) But my I.E homepage was changed from myspace (which is what it normally is) to www.safetyhomepgae.net. I have tried to change it by going to internet options and changing it there but it doesn't work. It says that my homepage is myspace but when i open I.E it brings me to safetyhomepage. Have any ideas on how to change it back??

Thanks

-Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomster

Tomster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

me again, i just read your "before you post a problem" and i forgot to say that i have microsoft windows xp media center edition 2005. I don't know if this helps but i forgot to say that.

sorry

-Tom

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:39 PM

It would appear that you have been infected with more than you have been able to get rid of, since your homepage has been hijacked. The best course of action would be for you to submit a HJT log to our team of volunteer experts; this will enable them to help you get rid of ALL the spyware/adware that you may have on your hard drive. Instructions for submitting a log can be found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 07 September 2006 - 09:40 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Tomster

Tomster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:17 AM

Hi,

I just downloaded Spybot search and destroy and ad-aware then ran them both. My friend suggested i try that. And it worked! after i ran your automated removal for virus burst i ran both spybot and ad-aware and it cleaned it all up.
Thanks for the help.

-Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users