Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer IS infected HELP ME PLEASE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tonyHELPMEPLEASE

tonyHELPMEPLEASE

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

COMPUTER HAS BEEN FIXED. IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ THE STORY, GO AHEAD, I'VE TRIED DOCUMENTING IT AS WELL AS POSSIBLE AT THE BOTTOM

initial post:

Backstory: I downloaded some of the games from the latest GM48 gamejam, and i'm 99% sure (99% sure has now been lowered to 96% sure) one of them is what got me infected. I could make a list of what games i downloaded later if that becomes important.

Effect:  the first visible sign of an infection was a very subtle, flickering, white, pixelated heart in the top left of the screen. Believing that one of the games had glitched out when closing it and was trying to draw even after closing it, i restarted my computer. The heart was visible even on startup, so i started getting scared. after another restart and logging inn, the heart was still there. I opened task manager to see if any weird programs was running in the background, but couldn't find any (i did not think of checking processes at the time). Beeing quite stressed, i opened chrome to search for help. The message "chrome was not closed correctly, do you want to recover where you left off" -or whatever it says in english- appeared, but the text on the button for "recover" was missing. I started realizing more flaws, and went to open files manager in panic, i think my intention was to backup my 2 years of work, because of the recent "decryotor" thing that happened or whatever it was called. But when i opened files explorer, not even half of the text or images loaded, and certain outlines and icons were distorted/displaced. Beeing really stressed, thinking my computer was in the process of having all the files encrypted, or the windows files getting bleeped with, i opened task manager to monitor my processor usage, and the other graphs. However, task manager was suddenly way more distorted than files manager, it was almost unrecognizable. At that instant, i cut my powrsupply (pressed the button, didn't litterally cut anything) to turn my computer off, and now im scared to turn it back on.

EDIT3: i forgot to mention that early on, i tried to install avast (anti-virus) however, the install exe didn't load properly, and i was only met with a grey box. After that is when i opened chrome again, this time to download malwarebytes (which i think i already had on my computer, but couldn't find because i was stressing).

Goal: My computer is very expensive, i'm fine with deleeting everything on it EXCEPT my gamemaker project, if that could save my computer. The project is saved on my external HDD, while windows is saved on my SSD. I have windows creation tool (if that's what its called) on a usb stick which i can use to reinstall windows. The games i downloaded are also stored on my HDD. If anyone can help me, i will be forever grateful

Specs (i didnt build my computer myself, and don't know too much about them eighter. I also dont know all of my specs):

i7-6700

gtx 970

dont know what motherboard

550 watt powersupply

no CD drive

16 gb ram (not sure what type, DDR or something) (2x 8gb)

Operation system: Windows 10 64-bit (i think it is HOME version) last updated a couple days ago.

Signatue: Tony Strømsnæs

EDIT1: if i am not clear enough, or more information is needed, please spesify what more i should write, even if you dont have a solution. Any help is appriciated.

also, <excuses for bad english> i am not a native english speaker, i wrote this while beeing quite stressed, i haven't finnished school :-)

EDIT2: added operating system

UPDATE1: i unplugged my external HHD and booted up my computer. The heart was gone and computer fully functional. Will search for backups, have installed AVAST antivirus. So it appears that whatever corrupted my computer isn on my HDD. I'd rather not buy a new one, so i will try to get it fixed.i extracted a few of the games i downloaded to my HDD, yet im now only 96% sure they are what caused the infection

------------------------------------------------------------

"The bottom"

soo.. i fixed it. This post seems kinda akward now, bacause all i did was unplug HDD, turn on PC, plug in HDD... It was still bleep weird tho, the flickering heart and degrading graphics?? Anyway, keep far away from the games from the latest GM48. bleep was traumatizing

Edited by tonyHELPMEPLEASE, 18 May 2017 - 01:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

Hello, I feel we should get a deeper look in the machine. We need to repost.
Start at step .

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tonyHELPMEPLEASE

tonyHELPMEPLEASE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:56 PM

Hello, I feel we should get a deeper look in the machine. We need to repost.
Start at step .

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

Thank you for the fast response, i have now read the Preperation Guide, and i apologise for not having read it before i posted (i discovered this site just minutes ago). However, i am still scared of turning on my computer, because of how it got worse the longer it was on, so i haven't done most of the points on the preperation guide. I am also unaware of what Forum-page i should repost to.

EDIT: nvm

Edited by tonyHELPMEPLEASE, 18 May 2017 - 01:55 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

Hi no problem, post it here.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 tonyHELPMEPLEASE

tonyHELPMEPLEASE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:04 AM

test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users