Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kernel32.dll Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 crazdodd

crazdodd

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

Hi,

I just reformatted my computer and did a clean/new install of win2000 pro. Then I installed SP4. I have had problems installing McAfee Security Suite and by trying to install it I now have encountered this error:

IEXPLORE.EXE - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point GetCurrentProcessI+ could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

The "+" after the "GetCurrentProcessI" was a divide symbol but I could not represent it here.

How can I fix the KERNEL32.dll file?

Crazdodd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:13 PM

What version of Internet Explorer are you using?
What is the exact version of McAfee Security Suite are you trying to install?
What else have you installed?
Besides SP4, did you install all other updates.

And the reason that I am asking is in the following support article. (this may not be the exact problem)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=142606
JC

#3 crazdodd

crazdodd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:04 PM

Weird, it fixed itself... I finally got McAfee working and the error went away.

I am bringing up 2 computers right now. The one with the issue here is now working great, but the other one now has registry problems - Registry mechanic reported 73. Thanks for replying...

#4 crazdodd

crazdodd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:07 PM

IE 6.0 with SP1
Mcafee security suite V7

What other updates should i install?

#5 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:11 AM

You need all Microsoft updates...
Visit http://www.windowsupdate.com to install the latest updates. This is a Microsoft site that will scan your computer for any patches or updates that are missing from your computer. It will then provide a list of items that it can download and install for you. This will ensure your computer has all of the latest security updates available installed on your computer and is secure from any known security holes.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users