Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High CPU usage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silenzer

silenzer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

SOLVED

My problem: "System" process constantly hovers around 15% CPU usage. My computer is significantly slower, not sure if it's a direct correlation?

I googled around and got this far: 

I followed tips online using Process Explorer, and found out that the process that is using the most CPU is ACPI.sys+0x24f90.

Image of the System process in Process Explorer:

Searching online for ACPI.sys yields some results but none for the specific code I have (the code following the +).

CPU is hot because I'm scanning my entire computer, normally it sits around 35°C

Then I used Kernrate and got the following:

SOLVED

edit2 : That driver was NOT the culprit! The driver that was actually causing the problem was the Realtek Ethernet driver. Here is what I did:

Device Manager -> Network adapters -> right click Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (might be different on your system) -> Power Management -> uncheck everything

What made me suspicious was that the problem reoccurred when I woke the computer from sleep. Then I disabled my internet connection, and noticed the CPU usage plummeted. Put two and two together and voila! Hope someone can use this solution.

Edited by silenzer, 18 May 2017 - 06:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 silenzer

silenzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

I have solved the problem. Cya guys!

Just kidding, of course I'll post the solution unlike the dozen other dudes who didn't :P

The problem was probably a faulty driver. My culprit was a USB adapter for a wireless keyboard/mouse combo from the brand Cirkuit (CKT).

#3 Lvlpost

Lvlpost

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

First, you should download ccleaner and run it to free up some space on your drive. Then download malware bytes and reboot and run it it safe mode. if it look for a virus on a clean pc downlowd and make a hirem boot cd or a enerancy boot cd from a anti virus company. want to scan your system from a boot cd.

Other Tips and Tricks to prevent the System and Compressed memory high CPU usage in Windows 10

http://howtoinstallwindows10.com/system-and-compressed-memory-service-high-cpu-usage-on-windows-10/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users