Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Spectre x360

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SamuelPro

SamuelPro

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

Hi, my HP Spectre is damaged. It fell about five foot from my backpack as I was slinging it across my shoulders. It landed flat on the bottom and cracked the corner. Please see attachment in this post.

Problems that occurred after the damage:

1. Screen no longer displays an images, but touch screen is still functional. I am actually typing this on the Spectre itself through an external monitor connected through the HDMI port. Screen remains black.

My question:  Since the touch screen still works, does it mean that the monitor is still functional and can be fixed without removing it?

2. The sound no longer workers, I plugged in headphones, and tested it out through the sound manager, but it states that the device is fully functional. I can't hear anything. I currently have it connected through my Echo Dot through Bluetooth.

Aside from the physical damage, display, and sound. It appears that everything else is intact. I plan on opening it up and giving it a thorough inspection tomorrow. HP Quoted me 412 to fix this, and that's too much for me. I can do 200 no problem, if the parts equates to that.

Could anyone provide any insights and direct me to some resources that would allow for me to fix this on my own? I'm pretty techy and can usually figured things out after some extensive research. In this case I'm stumped....

I'll be happy to provide any further details or elaborate further to help you better understand the problem.

Thank you!

Sam

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users