Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rosewill RX-358 External Enclosure won't cooperate

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chief472

Chief472

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

Ugh!!  I have two Rosewill RX-358 hdd enclosures and I can't get either one to do anything.  Whatever I do, Explorer OR Disk Management will not reccognize the enclosures at all.  Things I have tried;

>  used different power adapter

>  used different USB cable and Esata cable

>  installed 3 different HDD's in each enclosure

>  used a different USB port (2.0 and 3.0)

>  restarted computer with enclousure running

Whatever I do, there is absolutely no reaction from the computer.  It doesn't beep (like when you plug in a USB component), there is no indication in Explorer (or whatever it is called in Win10), there is nothing in Disk Management showing I have added another HDD.  There is no "new hardware found."  There is just nothing, nada, zilch, zip, zero.  Can someone please tell me if I am missing something?  I would appreciate any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

Have you tried them with another computer? I suspect it likely may not matter, but this will at least rule out that it is not something with your computer.

How old are they? In other words, did you just get them? If so, then they might be defective. If not, then have they ever worked?

#3 Chief472

Chief472
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:41 AM

I have had these for a couple of years, and as far as I know, they are working.  I did try them on another Win10 machine and they would not connect there either.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:31 PM

I have had these for a couple of years, and as far as I know, they are working.  I did try them on another Win10 machine and they would not connect there either.

Well...if they are not working with more than one computer, then that tends to suggest that the enclosures are the problem.

The way to further test this is test the drives either with an internal connection, another enclosure, or a universal USB drive adapter. This would rule out that the drives themselves are the problem (less likely with you trying three drives). You may already know one or more of the drives work. If you do know that the drives work either already or after testing them by other means, then that does suggest that the Rosewill enclosures are the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users