Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kill Bill fan -- first post in Bleeping Computer forium

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hatorihonzo

hatorihonzo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:41 AM

Hello. I have followed computer forums and tweaking sites for several years. The nom de guerre of your site mirrors my attitude about my PCs. Our digital society is similar to the days of the Wild West - the fastest gun survives and the sheriff usually makes it to the scene just in time to state the obvious. I have been intrigued (if not obsessed) with computers ever since my first box: a Windows 95 build with it's ever-lurking BSOD for $1200! :} You can still build a decent desktop for that much. My current build was just a couple of notches below the top of the benchmark heap several years ago. Now? SMDH...it's still fast and the software is stable, but, a couple of years from now it could be a door stop.

I am my family and friend's unofficial computer guru. i am not a tech or IT pro, but I have built, maintained, repaired, upgraded, admired, and sworn at enough systems to have developed a health respect for the technology. After having watched this site for quite a while, I have to say :bowdown: - I like it. I am always seeking to keep pace with the digital curve involved in maintaining a computer system. Mostly, I have had success - but the few failures have me feeling like a greyhound at the racetrack. Fairly soon, I will have time to pursue PC repair and certification. Hardware has certainly become more stable, but software configs? I just can't get enough of this stuff.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

Welcome to BC !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 hatorihonzo

hatorihonzo
  • Topic Starter