Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HitmanPro Alert scan Failed?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sgtrius

sgtrius

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

Hello, new here with first post.  I have had HItmanPro Alert for a few weeks now and it has been working great until recently I noticed that when I try to scan it only gives me a message as Failed for some reason.  I have checked my Kaspersky Internet Security firewall settings and it appears to be completely trusted.  Also tried uninstalling using an uninstaller program that removes registry and remnants and reinstalling the hitman pro.  The scan is still showing failed and not sure why.  I've emailed HitmanPro Support over 24 hours ago but haven't received a response yet.  I'm concerned and hoping there isn't malware involved.  Anyone have any suggestions please?  thanks

http://imgur.com/a/UZBTQ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sgtrius

sgtrius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:51 AM

update- Hitman support has replied advising only to install it again.  I have already done this unfortunately to no avail

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:43 AM

You can report issues in these topics where the developers provides assistance.Erik Loman (erikloman), Edwin Engels (eengels) and Mark Loman (markloman) are SurfRight Reps. who visit BC on occasion to answer questions and provide assistance. You can try contacting them directly.
- Edwin can be contacted directly by email at edwin@surfright.com
- Erik can be contacted directly by email at erik@surfright.nl
- Mark Loman can be contacted directly by email at mark@surfright.com

As SurfRight Reps, they would be far more familiar with any issues encountered using HitmanPro than any of our staff or forum members. Each has been very helpful to every one I have referred to contact them.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 rjindal

rjindal

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

I'm facing the same issue - "Scan failed"

I informed hitmanpro's support team on 17th May and got their response the next day that the issue has been resolved and I should try again. I checked but saw the same issue persisting and responded back to support on 18th May.

However, I'm yet to hear back from them. I've sent a note to them today again and hope, someone picks this issue up!

In the meantime, I reinstalled the software and also upgraded to the new version; but nothing helped in triggering the scan. 

PS: I'm using Norton Security and I've checked firewall settings... hitmanpro is trusted and none of the outbound connections are restricted.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,265 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Did you contact Edwin, Erik or Mark directly by email? If not, I would get it a try.

#6 rjindal

rjindal

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

Thanks Quietman7.

I did send them all an email; but no revert from them so far. I'm wondering now about their silence!

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,265 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

That's odd. From my past experience and assisting others, all three were always quick to reply.

#8 PcGuru2k17

PcGuru2k17

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:20 AM

Hi all, 

I had the same problem with Hitman Pro-Alert ( scan failed) but now is working like a charm, my solution :

1 - Install just Hitman Pro 3.7 and open exception in your antivirus, after that run it.

2 - Install Hitman Pro-Alert 3.6 without remove the other

3 - open and run a scan, it should work fine

I use AVG Antivirus and MalwareBytes with hitman Pro on my machines, all 3 at the same time and no problems after doing that 3 steps.

Hope this helps. 

#9 sgtrius

sgtrius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

update - thanks for the responses!  I received another reply from Hitman Pro Support May 31, asking again to install Hitman Pro which again did not work for me.   However I was able to fix the problem.  I have Hitman Pro Alert and kept only trying to install Hitman Pro Alert.  I reread both replies from support and wondered why both replies from support only provided links to only install Hitman Pro.  This time I tried to install Hitman Pro and it brought me through an install process as if it was installing Hitman Pro anew.  After it installed I ran the scan again and it worked!  Hitman Pro Alert is working now with no issues. I wish the responses from support were more specific to not reinstall Hitman Pro Alert but to install Hitman Pro.  The first reply from support advised me with the reason for this original issue is that when running the scan it will first try to update but "this fails sometime".  I have noticed also something different now. Previously when I ran the scan it used to say "updating" and this has now changed to "preparing" prior to the scan.  I kind of get the feeling that Alert and Pro may be running independently which is not really a con though.  I just hope that preparing means updating and it is staying up to date.  Overall I really like the extra protection features it has and it's a great second opinion security software to use along with a antivirus/firewall security suite  :thumbup2:

Edited by sgtrius, 08 June 2017 - 08:28 PM.

#10 rjindal

rjindal

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

I was also recommended to down HitmanPro and run it as on demand scanner. However, this doesn't resolve the issues with HitmanPro.Alert since this software is an elevated version of HitmanPro and includes the scanner built in the same package. If I have to use 2 different software one for exploit protection and the other for on-demand scanning, I'm not comfortable as I've paid a price for the software which has issues and Surfright or Sophos isn't having any line of sight to resolve. 

#11 PcGuru2k17

PcGuru2k17

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

Update.

Without hitman pro 3.7 installed the Pro-Alert don't scan, both have to be installed and with the license of hitman pro-alert both will be activated after instalation , it looks like the hitman pro - alert have some glitch and the scan won't work so it's like having 2 independent programs to the scan work. Won't be concern on having both because one scan the other protects, no conflicts and after work just with HITMAN PRO - ALERT to do it all ;) is not 2 different software for anti-exploit, same activation for both like is just one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users