Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TotalAV problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Davrin999

Davrin999

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

Two weeks ago I bought a one-year sub to TotalAV Security Suite after reading all of its alleged services

However, when it performed a scan and listed alleged vulnerabilities, it proffered a "Resolve" button, yet on pressing it I was informed that I had not bought the service to do so and would have to purchase that extra device.

I suddenly realized that I had been sold a "pup", that in fact the whole story is that I had been sold CRIPPLEWARE. What is worse, is that they intend to renew the subscription each 12 months automatically, because they keep hold of my credit card details.

I believe that too be unethical and misleading business practice, bordering on illegal.

I would like to hear of any similar experiences, and what is to be done about it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 megakotaro

megakotaro

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

The company's auto-renew policy says it has "30 Day Money Back Guarantee".

https://www.totalav.com/auto-renew

If you want your money back, here is the link I find. You can contact them.

http://support.totalav.com/

Some companies write their auto-renew policy in a line of statement, which is hard to find. When you purchase something, make sure you read there statement carefully. Hope you can get your money back.  :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users