Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Login Troubles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ever_looking_up

ever_looking_up

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

I have a Dell laptop that i got new in may. this past week i have had some troube loging in. when i sign in my account, i sits on the blue login screen for a while, then when it does change, all i see is my background and the mouse. i can ususally Ctrl Alt Delete and log off then log back on and it be alright, but its riduculous to do that when i shoudnt have to. is there anything that can be done

Edited by jgweed, 07 September 2006 - 06:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:24 PM

If you do not have the account password protected and it's the only user account on the computer
go to your control panel

click Users and Passwords
click "Change the way users log on or off"
tic use welcome screen
untic fast user switching
untic require user password.

#3 ever_looking_up

ever_looking_up
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:43 AM

thank you very much. does this mean that there was nothing abnormal then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users