Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP notebook synaptics touchpad V7.5

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sume

sume

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:21 PM

I cant shut off the synaptics touchpad as everytime I touch it the curser roams all over the screen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

This seems to be a not uncommon problem. Have a look at this entry from the HP forums, it may provide a solution -

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Synaptics-Touchpad-V7-5-HP-15-notebook-Windows-8-1-64-bit/td-p/4397334

Why are you wanting to shut off the touchpad ?  Is it purely because of this problem or do you prefer to use a mouse ?  Usually one of the function keys, the ones at the top of the keyboard, include a switch to disable the touchpad, sometimes requiring the use of the Fn key as well. On the laptop I use for teaching it is Fn + F6, but there is no standardisation of this. Look for a key that has symbols representing either two touchpads, one of them 'crossed' out' or symbols representing a touchpad and a mouse.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 sume

sume
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

I never use the touchpad ....I only use the mouse

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

In that case you need to find the switch that turns off the touchpad. Some laptops automatically disable the touchpad when you plug a mouse in but most require you to switch it off using the procedure I outlined above.

On those occasions when I use a lpatop for anything other than the most casual things I too use a mouse and I always switch the touchpad off. What I find is that with the flat nature of laptop key boards the base of my thumb keeps brushing the touchpad and the mouse bounces all over the place.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users