Intermittent (increasingly more often now though) loss of signal on both displays. PC stays running and then cannot be turned off with power button.. Holding it does nothing. I have to pull power cord.
What I did before the issue started:
1. Added a new 27" Viewsonic Monitor with FreeSync
2. upgraded video card from an r200 series amd to an MSI RX450 8GB to make use of FreeSync.
Started noticing the issue shortly after installing new video card.
What I did when I noticed the issue:
1. Swapped back to old video card - Same issue.
2. RMA'd new card as precaution - Still did it with replacement.
3. Tried all new memory - same
4. Different HDD - same
5. Reloaded OS on 2 different HDDs (1 is SSD brand new) - Same
6. Changed CPU cooler from sealed liquid cooled to fan (monitored CPU temps and were not nearly high enough to cause any issue) - Same
7. Replaced motherboard from an older Gigabyte board to an MSI 970 Gaming Mobo - Same
8. Did a ton of research and tried a couple other setting things:
A. Completely wiped and reloaded all AMD drivers using the driver wipe tool. - Same
B. Installed MSI Afterburner and turned on the force voltage regulation - Same
C. Numerous video resolution settings with no luck
9. Unhooked new monitor completely - same
I'm sure I forgot something else i've tried but this is pretty accurate. My next thoughts are PSU or CPU. More likely PSU - That being said it has more than enough juice and i've never had any issues with it. Its a LEPA 850W Gold series G850-MAS.
I am in desperate need of help with this. its driving me crazy and I dont want to throw anymore money into this that I dont need to. This issue is frying my brain and others that I've brought it to..
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_sec.170427-1353)