Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firewall hit on exact time of me starting Chrome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 AndyP5000

AndyP5000

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

Re: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/646526/ok-i-think-i-need-to-run-some-threat-scans/

Ok so i've had three more hits. Started on me starting up Chrome Browser- Time of attack plus time of me starting browser match.

I suspect my Chrome Browser may be infected or corrupted as I just got hit again and it s an exact time match for me starting up Chrome.

The initial 'attack' also seemed to be directed at Chrome. exe Or could it be a conflict between Chrome and Avast with Avast mistaking true Chrome items as false positives?

Would it help to see my Firewall log for latest hits? 

Edited by AndyP5000, 16 May 2017 - 06:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

I suggest you continue in your original topic.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 AndyP5000

AndyP5000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:27 AM

Sure- please lock this one. Was not sure if I needed to start a new one. Sorry for that. 

#4 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,881 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:12 AM

Original topic has been continued.

This topic is locked to avoid confusion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users