Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get my phone pics over to computer. USB port shot???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Astrovel

Astrovel

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

Hi Guys,

I have developed a problem with my computer not recognizing the cable that goes from my phone to the usb port on my computer to transfer photos on my phone to the computer. :smash: 

It doesn't matter if I use the ports in the back or the front of the computer. It still doesn't recognize it as a drive so I can copy the photos to my computer.

I am using Win 8.1 on a Dell Optiflex computer with an LG E980 android smart phone.

What can I do to cleanup my computer or do whatever....to fix this situation? :scratchhead:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

One thing to check. Open settings on the phone. Look for something like PC connection. Make sure the setting is MTP for a USB connection.

If you save your photos on the phone to a SD card many computers have SD card readers or you can purchase a USB card reader like this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-26-IN-1-USB-2-0-High-Speed-Memory-Card-Reader-For-CF-xD-SD-MS-SDHC/222369567120

#3 robertdane101

robertdane101

• Banned Spammer
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:36 AM

Sometimes the MTP connection doesn't help. If that is the case select Camera option in USB panel on your phone. Tinker with both to see if anything shows up.

Also, when you plugin the usb cable. Does it charge the phone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users