Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP EliteBook 8470p - Wrong resolution?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yosefu_kun_98

yosefu_kun_98

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

Hello all,

Just this weekend, I bought an HP EliteBook 8470p. My question is regarding the resolution; it was described as having a 1600x900 resolution, but I can't get it past 1366x768. Is there anything I can do about this? Are there any drivers or updates that I have to install so that I can get the full HD+ resolution? I hope I wasn't scammed, and I don't want to return this computer right after I got it.

(My processor is an Intel Core i5-3320m and it has Intel HD 4000 graphics.)

So, again, is there anything at all I can do about this?

Thanks in advance.

~yosefu_kun_98

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

According to the Service and Maintenance Manual, page 3, that are two different panels one that is 1366x768 and the other is 1600x900.  I'm guessing that you got a machine with the lower resolution panel and there is nothing you can do, other than replace the panel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users