Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Needed Please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pmpmac

pmpmac

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:50 PM

Hi all
the problem am having is whenever i right click on a video file i get a "explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" also when using nero to burn dvd as soon as i click the video file am wanting to burn nero shuts down,i have had this problem for several months now and have reinstalled nero without luck and as a last resort i decided to use smart restore (because system restore didn't fix the problem) but when i tried i got a file missing box pop up so now i cant even use that option, if there is a way to fix both problems i would be grateful, thanks

Edited by pmpmac, 07 September 2006 - 04:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:09 PM

What version of Nero are you running and do you have SP2 installed?

#3 pmpmac

pmpmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:24 PM

Thanks for speedy reply,am using nero 6 reloaded which is up to date and yes i have sp2 installed, but have just found out yesterday that i cant seem to download any windows updates although after going on microsoft help page it seems there are several dozen others who have had this problem of late.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:38 PM

Do you get any kind of error message when a Windows critical update fails?

Do you have critical updates set to download and install automatically?

Nero has had some problems with XP. So did InCD
Go to the Nero support pages and see if they have any patches or updates for your version.

#5 pmpmac

pmpmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the help,but as luck has it i copied the hard drive on a floppy when i first bought it and forgot and i found it yesterday and was able to do a system restore so hopefully the problem is sorted cause so far so good,thanks again :thumbsup:

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:40 PM

Have you been able to get the Windows updates done?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users