Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In need of help for Resetting PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 araragi

araragi

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:37 PM

There has been many DirectX problems so I have decided to reinstall my PC.

However.. when I type in the start menu of Windows 10 Reset this PC and make an attempt to reset the PC, it tells me "Could not find the Recovery environment."

and to restart the PC with the disk in it. And so I put in the Windows 10 installation disk and tried it again, but it tells me the same exact thing.

I have googled it and one post told me to Create a recovery drive on a USB. I get this: "Some required files are missing. To troubleshoot pro.."

It looks like this: http://puu.sh/vReIY.png

So I tried reagentc /disable with CMD as Admin and got: Operation Failed 3  An error has occured.

Well now that it failed, I decided to open BIOS and directly open my Windows installation disk.

I tried Reset my PC from there and got: The drive where windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.

I read some posts and heard this could be from power outages. I had my computer wires plugged out by accident plenty of times. Could this be why..?

Anyway, what can I do? I would like to Reset my PC, then use File History to get the data back.

My Windows is installed on my SSD (which is the one I want to reset)

My backup is the other HDD in my computer (which contains File History)

edit: Forgot to mention, I ran chkdsk and sfc MANY times already. They had no luck finding anything.

Startup repair also did nothing.

edit#2: I ended doing ALOT of things concerning Windows boot mgr (something around those lines, not even sure if I spelled it correctly)

Result? I've ended up formatting SSD using CMD from Windows Installation. using list disk then select disk 0 -> clean

Then I've installed everything back to test if my game finally works with no lag. (From my previous long time ago forum which was not solved)

It is a little better. However, when I initially made this custom PC, it had way less lag. It was near perfect.

Yeah, I still get 1 FPS in fight with mobsters in Elsword..

Can anyone help me find the source of lag?

Edited by araragi, 15 May 2017 - 09:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:43 AM

Go to settings

Go to update and security

Go to recovery

Go to reset this PC

This should do what you want.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:49 AM

Aw man, did you read anything besides the title?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:46 AM

Open a command prompt and type 

diskpart

list disk

Is there an asterisk under the GPT column for the SSD? Is there an asterisk for any other disk?

Firstly, I would download Seatools for Windows and do the short/long generic tests on the SSD.

If the SSD passes download the lastest version of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool.

Disconnect the HDD with the File History to take that drive out of the install steps.

Boot the Windows 10 Install media. At the screen that shows language press Shift + F10 which will open a command prompt Window

Type the following commands. This is with all drives disconnected except the SSD.

diskpart

list disk

select disk 0

clean                 This removes the partition table and sets the disk up for a clean install

convert GPT      This command is only done if there is an asterisk under the GPT column I previously posted. 

exit

exit

Continue with the install. After sucessfully booting power off and reattach your other HDD(s),

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 May 2017 - 07:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users