If anything, we will have to continue in the Recovery Environment:
Step#1 - Create a Bootable USB Drive
- Please download the following three things to the Desktop of your Working computer.
Start here to download the Windows 10 Pro 64bit iso file.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
- Insert your USB drive into your working computer. Note: Please make sure that there isn't anything on the USB drive that you need, as we will be formatting it.
- Right-click on rufus-1.4.10.exe and select Run as administrator (I'm assuming your working machine is at least Windows Vista). Answer Continue to Allow it.
- If you are asked to check for application updates. Just answer No.
- Please click on the icon and select the ISO file that you downloaded to your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- When it's Done click the Close button.
Step#2 - Copy FRST64 on to the same USB Drive
- Click the Start Orb in the lower left corner of the screen and click on Computer.
- Click on the drive letter that represents your USB Drive and then copy the FRST64.exe from your Desktop to this location.
Step#3 - Boot Your Sick Machine with USB Drive
- Insert the USB Drive into your Sick computer.
- Ensure the power is off on this computer.
- Ensure that your system is configured to boot 1st from the USB Drive before your main hard drive. There are variations on how to do this depending on what machine you have, however a couple links that show the general steps can be found here and here.
- Once the BIOS is set to boot from the USB Drive, when you boot your machine with the USB Drive plugged in you should get a message asking you to hit any key to boot from the USB. Go ahead and do this.
- The first screen that will appear should be asking for your keyboard layout. Go ahead and click Next.
- The next screen will attempt to locate your Windows 10 Installation. If it was successful it will be highlighted and you will be able to click Next. Go ahead and do this.
- You will have several System Recovery Options to choose from. Please click on "Command Prompt".
Step#4 - Generate Needed Logs
- Please type the word notepad in the black command prompt window and hit Enter on the keyboard.
- Under the File menu of notepad, please select Open.
- Double-click on Computer and then identify which driver letter represents your USB drive. It should be the one labeled Repair disc 64-bit.
- Click Cancel on the Open Dialog from notepad and close notepad.
- In the Command Prompt window, please type F:\FRST64.exe and press enter on the keyboard. Note: Replace F with the Drive Letter above.
- The tool will start to run.
- If a disclaimer comes up, Please answer Yes.
- Under the Optional Scan section, please check List BCD.
- Click the Scan button. It will create a log file named FRST.txt on the USB Drive. It will also open in Notepad when finished. You can simply close Notepad.
- Please plug the USB Drive into your Good computer and post the contents of this log file.
No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.
If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!