Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prevent refresh Spaming Web pages?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aperill

aperill

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

Is there a way any one knows of to stop people from spamming refresh on web pages. I work for a school district that has schools in Detention centers and the like. So the kids tend to spam buttons on websites until the server or webfilter gives in on all the requests. We already have the F5 key blocked and auto refresh and the address bar turned off. Is there any way to stop this through something like GPO/ Our web filter is barracuda. I did google it but I can't seem to find what im looking for. mainly comes up with ways to write it in to web sites. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dantose

dantose

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:25 PM

Barracuda allows traffic with repeated refreshes? Sounds like something isn't configured properly. Are you sure it's a repeated refresh issue? If so, check to see if the web filter controls all web traffic, or just one exit point. I'm thinking maybe a load balancer might be routing traffic around the filter.

FAKE EDIT: wait, I think I'm seeing the issue:

https://campus.barracuda.com/product/websecuritygateway/article/BWF/MonitoringTools/

By overloading the system, they are kicking it into a safe mode where traffic is not blocked or logged. Look for a setting by which traffic is dropped in an overloaded state maybe? You also might be able to throttle the bandwidth for the student computers. Not sure if that would help.

#3 aperill

aperill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

Dantose, I'm not sure but I will check it out. Thank you for that. I'll let you know if that works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users