Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Touchpad gone wild, not sure if it's malware or driver problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rilla

rilla

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:51 AM

Hi

I have a Windows 10 (64bit) laptop that is 3yr old (MSI GE60 2PE Apache Pro 4th Gen Core i7 12GB 1TB 7200rpm(fwiw)) and about 4-5 days ago my mouse started to go quite wonky. It is difficult to control, it tracks all over the page (despite where I'm trying to move it with my finger), clicks on things at random (or refuses to click on anything when I'm trying to select something), or it stutters in different places for seemingly no reason. It is happening intermittently and I have no idea why it suddenly started or if it is somehow related to the driver deciding to die or something I accidentally did online somehow?

I ran a malwarebytes scan which found some pup and a spyware scan (superantispyware) which found about 800 items....but it didn't solve the problem. I have no idea what happened or why.....but as I said, I'm not sure if it is hardware or something else. 

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aimanfitri27

aimanfitri27

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

I don't know if this will help, but have you tried to clean the touchpad? The same thing happened to me before and I was freaked out, but it turns out that I need to clean it because touchpad is sensitive and it needs to be clean properly. Try using different materials for cleaning because it took me quite some time to make sure it's working normally again.

Edited by aimanfitri27, 15 May 2017 - 10:40 AM.

#3 rilla

rilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

hey, thanks for answering. i did clean the touchpad with a few different materials to no avail. maybe my computer is just tired of working so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users