· OS - Windows 10
· x64 ?
· What was original installed OS on system? - Windows 7
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? - ? Downloaded with free update?
· Age of system (hardware) - Roughly 2.5 years old
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? - No?
· CPU - i3-4160 @3.60 GHz
· Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 (Gainward)
· MotherBoard - Gigabyte H81M-HD3
· Power Supply - Corsair VS550
· Built it myself
I've been starting to get regular BSOD's every few days. The only weird things that have happened recently are:
1. The power supply seems to be making this weird metal sound every few seconds ( I think it might be the fan ) occasionally upon startup for the first few minutes. If I hold the back of the area where the sound is being made the sound stops, however once I stop holding it, it'll come back. Generally, after ~5 minutes the sound will go away.
2. Recently my computer prior to the blue screens gave me a 'Disk read error' upon start up. After opening the computer and checking all the cables were plugged in correctly I booted the computer and it worked although I had to try a few times.
Not sure if this is relevant or not but it seems to me like most of the crashes have occurred by the same/similar address. Screenshot from Bluescreen View: http://puu.sh/vQAin.png
I have run RAM tests and some HDD tests, so I'm relatively sure both are fine.
Any help appreciated,
Edited by LingKingg, 15 May 2017 - 05:00 AM.