Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 back up issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mr2005

mr2005

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:25 AM

trying to back up my windows 10, i am getting a message that says "The last back did not complete successfully"

My C drive is a 250GB SSD drive. By back drive is an external 2 TB drive

Back up drive shows 236.9 GB free of 1.82TB

Any suggestions on the back up failure?

Why is bay back up so big with my c drive is 250GB? 

All my documents, photos videos, etc reside on a seperate drive. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:45 AM

Try Macrium Reflect.

Free or paid.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,708 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

While I like and use Macrium Reflect, and even if your C: drive is not even close to full, you're cutting it mighty close to try to back up a 250 GB (partially filled) drive on an external drive with only 237 GB remaining space regardless of what you're using.   A bit of breathing room is usually needed for files used during the process that get nuked at the end of it.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#4 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

While I like and use Macrium Reflect, and even if your C: drive is not even close to full, you're cutting it mighty close to try to back up a 250 GB (partially filled) drive on an external drive with only 237 GB remaining space regardless of what you're using.   A bit of breathing room is usually needed for files used during the process that get nuked at the end of it.

I like & use Macrium Reflect v7.

I got it at a discount. :)

I would suggest getting an external hard drive (USB 3.0) & storing any video files or other large files on it to conserve space on the C: drive.

I got an external hard drive (1 TB) cheap.

I had to add USB 3.0 ports first. (Cheaply)

I have an old computer that only came with USB 2.0 ports.

It's not very hard to upgrade your USB ports.

Something to consider. :)

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users