Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Completely Uninstall HP Printer Software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Georgedn

Georgedn

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 and an HP Envy 7640 AIO printer that will not allow me to print borderless photos.  It the past the solution to this problem was to uninstall and reinstall the complete HP suite of printer software.  However, this time no matter what uninstaller I try to use I am not able to completely uninstall all of the HP software package.  I believe that failing to totally uninstall the software is precluding me from reinstalling it cleanly to resolve the problem.  Point of information - when I look for the HP software in Program Files there are many files dated prior to yesterday or dated when I was last able to successfully install leading me to believe that they are not allowing software to reinstall again. 

Is there someway someone can steer me through a process to completely remove all traces of the HP software so as to appear that it was never there before?  I greatly appreciate the help.  Bleeping Computer.com has helped me several times in the past so I have confidence that someone can help me again.  Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zodiac Control

Zodiac Control

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

Well, in theory, you don't even necessarily have to install all the printer software to get it to work. You can just access it via wifi-direct. Press windows key type in "add a device" wait about a minute, you should see your printer broadcasted. Just select it and it should automatically set it up. Let me know if this works or not. I've had to do this several times. 

---
Now, as for your way. Have you tried Revo Uninstaller? Advanced Uninstaller? Those are my two trusted uninstallers, they never go wrong or leave left over files. Ccleaner?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

I know of only one way to positively remove every vestige of previously installed software.\

a.  Do a manual search of all files related to software, using a tool like Everything...then delete those files.

b.  Manually invoking regedit and doing a very slow search by keyword/software...and then deleting those registry entries.  Slow/tedious but thorough.  Just read a post where RegScanner by Nirsoft may be a faster alternative to regedit.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 22 May 2017 - 11:36 AM.

#4 Georgedn

Georgedn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

I haven't checked here in a week.  I expected to be notified by e-mail when I received a reply but did not this time.  I called HP technical support today and had a support technician take control of my computer and resolve my problem.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

I expected to be notified by e-mail when I received a reply but did not this time.

It depends on your account settings.

You need to have your settings set to notify you of following topics (I believe you automatically "follow" a topic you create). You can see what you are settings are by going to your login ID in the upper right correct of the page, then click it to get a pull down menu. You will see "My Settings" on the pull down menu. Click it. In the resulting screen, then select the Notification Options tab long the left side. You will then see the various settings for your notifications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users