Hello, I have an HP Envy laptop that is getting more and more unusable. I have multiple issues and realize I may need to post in different forums but thought I'd start here since I have major issues with Windows 10 and BSOD. This is a convertible laptop with touchscreen. It came installed with Windows 10 Home. Details:
Windows 10 Home Version 1607 OS Build 14393.1198
Intel i7-6500U CPU @2.50 GHz
12 GB Installed RAM
1. Windows 10 updates never work. The computer becomes completely unusable. HPs have a wheel of dots that spin instead of hourglass. Update will get to 100% and the wheel will spin for literally days--I've let it run 24, 36 hours to see if it ever boots. It doesn't. I have to power off and force restart several times to get it back.
2. Random BSOD, very fast, I usually don't have a chance to get an error code & I don't see a log/dump file but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
3. Randomly drops wireless connection. Will regain, usually, after a couple of frustrating minutes. (There have been no router changes, etc.)
4. Microsoft Outlook routinely crashes. Often I can't read more than 5 or 6 emails at a time.
5. Windows start menu stops working and/or pressing the Windows icon key on the keyboard does nothing.
This is my first attempt to get help so I hope I've done it correctly and thank you in advance for your help!