Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Envy x360 Convertible Laptop BSOD, multiple Win 10 issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PiperCO

PiperCO

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

Hello, I have an HP Envy laptop that is getting more and more unusable. I have multiple issues and realize I may need to post in different forums but thought I'd start here since I have major issues with Windows 10 and BSOD. This is a convertible laptop with touchscreen. It came installed with Windows 10 Home. Details:

Windows 10 Home Version 1607 OS Build 14393.1198

Intel i7-6500U CPU @2.50 GHz

12 GB Installed RAM

Issues

---------

1. Windows 10 updates never work. The computer becomes completely unusable. HPs have a wheel of dots that spin instead of hourglass. Update will get to 100% and the wheel will spin for literally days--I've let it run 24, 36 hours to see if it ever boots. It doesn't. I have to power off and force restart several times to get it back.

2. Random BSOD, very fast, I usually don't have a chance to get an error code & I don't see a log/dump file but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

3. Randomly drops wireless connection. Will regain, usually, after a couple of frustrating minutes. (There have been no router changes, etc.)

4. Microsoft Outlook routinely crashes. Often I can't read more than 5 or 6 emails at a time.

5. Windows start menu stops working and/or pressing the Windows icon key on the keyboard does nothing.

This is my first attempt to get help so I hope I've done it correctly and thank you in advance for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:55 AM

Greetings, PiperCO, and :welcome: to BleepingComputer's Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support forum!

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

Useful information!
Please only use the ZIP compression format, do not use 7z, RAR, etc.!!!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 PiperCO

PiperCO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

Hi, I followed the BSOD posting instructions which said to start a new post with the attachments--I did that with a slightly different title and a bit more information:  HP Envy laptop multiple BSOD and Windows update failures. That one has two Zip files attached.

I created the new topic today. Sorry for the confusion, it's the first time I've tried to get help in this forum! Feel free to close this thread. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users