Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some help with permissions.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chasep28

chasep28

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:10 AM

So i tried accessing a folder and got blocked saying i didn't have permissions so naturally i went in to properties and into security, went into advanced and tried to change the owner accept this time im completely locked out with a message of "You do not have permissions to view or edit this objects permission settings"

Anybody know a fix because i have no clue and every time i try to google the problem it cant seem to account for the fact that i cant change the owner of the file.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:44 AM

Can You tell which folder it is, where it located, ie on the same disk or partition, where is stored OS or somewhere else. 

Did You made this folder yourself or it was copied there or some of programs made it.

And one more thing - do you normally turn the computer off or usually use sleep or hibernate function.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

Try giving permission to the folder and see if that helps. Follow these steps to give permissions to the drive.

1.      Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select Properties.

2.    Click/tap on the Security tab and under Group or user names, then click/tap on Edit.

3.       Click/tap on Add and type everyone.

4.      Click/tap on Check names, then click/tap on OK.

5.      Select everyone, under Allow select Full control, click/tap on Apply, then Click Ok.

Edited by dc3, 14 May 2017 - 11:04 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 chasep28

chasep28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

Try giving permission to the folder and see if that helps. Follow these steps to give permissions to the drive.

1.      Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select Properties.

2.    Click/tap on the Security tab and under Group or user names, then click/tap on Edit.

3.       Click/tap on Add and type everyone.

4.      Click/tap on Check names, then click/tap on OK.

5.      Select everyone, under Allow select Full control, click/tap on Apply, then Click Ok.

This is the solution everyone provides but I can't edit or add anyone.

#5 chasep28

chasep28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Can You tell which folder it is, where it located, ie on the same disk or partition, where is stored OS or somewhere else. 

Did You made this folder yourself or it was copied there or some of programs made it.

And one more thing - do you normally turn the computer off or usually use sleep or hibernate function.

Yes I can.

It was a downloaded folder.

I put it in sleep when i'm not using it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users