Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Taskbar and Action Center not working.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 SenpaiNekko

SenpaiNekko

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

This is now an ongoing problem of mine it happened last month and then it never came back to normal 

my windows 10 taskbar programs can't be used even the windows button isnt accessible. The only method i can interact with the windows button is by right clicking it to get to the programs. It seems like I cannot attached a video sample of me clicking my windowsbutton, action center sadly :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:05 PM

@SenpaiNekko

Save yourself a bunch of time & headaches.

As a precaution make a backup of your data; Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Music, Pictures and Videos. Make sure you have product activation codes for any installed software requiring a product activation code (Microsoft Office, Quicken etc.).

Once you are satisfied you have backed up everything you need and you have the necessary product keys, please proceed.

Press the Windows and R key to open the Run Window. In the Run window enter Control Panel and press OK.  Select View  by Large icons and choose Recovery.

Option 1... From the Advanced recovery tools window, choose Open System Restore. You will be notified immediately if no restore points are available. If this is the case immediately close the window and proceed to Option 2.

Click Next> on the Restore system files and settings window and select a restore point prior to the failure occurrence. If the selection of restore points does not include one prior to the failure, immediately close the window and proceed to Option 2.

You may wish to Scan for affected programs before clicking Next> to confirm your restore point. When ready click Finish to initiate the System Restore proceedure. This process may take a few hours, do not interrupt it.

If the restore proceedure is successful and resolves your issues, Congratulations the tedious part is over. Install your programs affected by the system restore. Otherwise proceed to Option 2.

Option 2... From the Advanced recovery tools window, click the 'If you're having problems with your PC, goto Settings and try resetting it' link.

On the Recovery window choose Get started under Reset this PC. Selecting Get started gives 2 recovery choices...

1. Keep My Files. (Desc. Removes apps & settings but keeps your personal files).

2.Remove Everything. (Desc.Removes all our personal files, apps and settings)

I recommend option 1. because you save your personal data and only lose your installed Apps & Programs. A list of apps & programs will be saved to your desktop after recovery completes.

Click Next and on the Warning dialogue box, click Next.  To initiate the process, click Reset. Remember... Patience is a virtue!

Best regards for successful results!

Old Rocker

#3 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:09 AM

@SenpaiNekko

1. Press the Windows and R key to open the Run Window. In the Run window enter Control Panel and press OK.  

Old Rocker

1. my windows 10 taskbar  can't be used even the windows button isnt accessible

Why such recommendations, if you know that he can not do that?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

Right click on a empty space in the Taskbar and select Task Manager.

Scroll down to Windows Explorer in the list of Processes and select it.

Right click on Restart in the lower right portion of the page. 

Restart the computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:16 PM

@zainmax
Please follow the instructions. I mentioned nothing about the taskbar or start button anywhere in the instructions!

Press the Windows and R key to open the Run Window.

Simply press the Windows Key and the R Key, this will open the run window, the run dialogue box the run command window or whatever  you wish to refer to it by. Proceed from there.

I empathize with anyone misinterpreting  the original instruction for it's possible that I didn't detail the step properly, so it could be understood by everyone. No where in the instructions I laid out did I mention anything concerning the taskbar, as the op said it was not functional.

Again I say Best regards for successful results!
Old Rocker

#6 SenpaiNekko

SenpaiNekko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

@DC3 I have tried this before too it dint work 

#7 SenpaiNekko

SenpaiNekko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:14 AM

@old rocker i dont have a Legit windows 10 for some reason in this laptop of mine :< so i've used a key generator to activate my windows will I be needing a Product key again if I did what you told me ? 

#8 SenpaiNekko

SenpaiNekko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:38 AM

Thank You So Much for All of your Help I have finally Fixed The Error Thank you :D Gosh i love this community 

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

MRL topic here, closed this one.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/646224/unknown-program-cannot-be-uninstalled/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users