Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RTC Video PnP listener. What is that, should I be worried?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Birdie_Man

Birdie_Man

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

So about a week ago I switched users on my Windows 10 Pc, Windows showed what apps were preventing me from switching users and among those apps was one called ''RTC Video PNP listener''. I had no idea what that is so I looked it up online. But there is not alot of information about this out there right now. Some people were saying it is junk that has something to do with skype or some other software. Some others were saying it's malware that is spying on you. I don't know what it is but it seems bad and I couldn't find any good information on how to remove it.
After this happened, I downloaded AdwCleaner and let it run. It found 10 Objects, which I had it delete. I got a bluescreen while restarting my pc with the error code ''Memory_Management'' , but I ran AdwCleaner again after that and it didn't find anything.
I let Malwarebytes Anti-malware do a Scan of all my drives and for rootkits. It didn't find anything except a PUP that had something to do with Avira Safe Search or whatever.
A scan of all my files with Avira didn't find anything. I got a warning saying that a file called something like 'hiberfil.sys' couldn't be opened.  
A full search with Windows Defender didn't show anything.
I let Malwarebytes Junkware Removal Tool do a run, it found 1 object which it deleted.

So far I couldn't get this app to appear again when restarting my pc or switching users.. 
However, often there is an App without symbol or name that is preventing shutdown. This mystery app has been appearing for a while now, but so far I just assumed that it was a bug or some non-malicious software acting strange.

Does anyone know anything about this RTC Video PnP listener? If it is bad, how can I know if it's gone or still on my pc? Could there be something else lurking on my pc?

Thank you in advance for any help! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ashley123456

ashley123456

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:12 AM

Can u check ur messages?

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

Moved to WIN 10

Edited by boopme, 15 May 2017 - 09:20 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 ashley123456

ashley123456

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:10 PM

I found it on my computer too it gave me nightmares

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users