Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft not letting me log in windows computer....a real brain teaser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dbutch90

dbutch90

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

Hi all, i'm new so be gentle lol 

Here's my problem i two computers, one desktop and the other a laptop both windows 8.1 and both using the same email/password to sign into.

The problem comes when one day i decided to get a laptop and stop using my desktop computer, this was all fine and logged into and out of my account no problem. But 8 months i forgot the password for the laptop microsoft account, this in turn lead me to reset it about 4 times each time saying i have successfully changed it only for it not to work. I gave up and just created another one email account.  

Now wanting to get back on my desktop computer after a year of not using it, it wont let me log in, i have used old passwords and even changed it twice so i thought, but nothing has worked. At one point i had command prompt up but didn't know what to put in to get around this very annoying problem. 

So to sum up i have two computers both on a microsoft email account i dont have a password for, laptop lets me log in everytime and the desktop does not.

Any help would be grateful. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:40 PM

You can enable the hidden Administrator Account and use that to login to the computer and create a new account. 

You may need to disable SecureBoot in your UEFI/BIOS settings and also enable Legacy or CSM boot in order to boot the free password software.

Lazesoft Recover My Password Home  - Free  Burn the iso to a CD/DVD by right clicking and selecting Burn Disk Image. Boot the disk. You can also use Rufus with the iso to create a bootable USB flash drive. Backup anything on the flash drive as it will be formatted.

http://www.lazesoft.com/how-to-recover-administrator-password.html  -  

Select Administrator and click on reset/unlock account. Boot and you should have two accounts, Administrator and the one you can no longer login to. Don't try to reset your Windows Account as this may corrupt your data if your data was encrypted. Only enable the Administrator Account.

#3 dbutch90

dbutch90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

How do i enable the hidden administration?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:14 PM

You need to install the software, lazesoft. It will let you create a bootable USB or CD. Boot the CD or USB flash drive and follow the instructions in the link I provided. Make sure you select Administrator account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users