Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse sensitivity changed by itself. It feels like it's on ice.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wenex

Wenex

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

Hello there.

So I encountered this really weird issue that is hard to explain. After I crashed from one game with the "d3d11.dll" error, my mouse sensitivity started acting speed up. Like it's one ice, incosistent. It just feels off and nothing like my default sensitivity, could tell it the moment it happened. I can't get used to it and it's been like 4 days already. Feels like the mouse acceleration just enabled by itself, but it's off in the settings. Overall all my mouse settings didn't changed, and all mouse registry seems to be in the same place as before, so I'm out of ideas.

I will give more details on my specs and then list what I already tried to fix.

Mouse USB Tracer Pert AVAGO 5050 2000DPI (currently using 800 DPI)
Windows 10 64bit
500 hz pooling rate
6/11 sens

Okay, so from things I already tried.

- tried different USB ports
- tried changing various settings to new ones and revert. Like pooling rate, default sens, registry in regedit. No luck.
- Mouse Acceleration is OFF
- I did the MarkC mouse fix
- I reinstalled graphic drivers just in case
- tried changing monitor resolution and HZ rate
- updating mouse drivers obviously
- tried using 5/11 sens, but it's too slow. While 6/11 is too speed up (ice effect). Can't find my old sens anymore and it's just frustating.

What I didn't tried yet.

- scanning entire PC with antivirus (I did scan C drive where I have my Windows)
- reverting to older Windows 10 update (if it's even possible, I don't want to mess with this)

Overall I strongly believe it has something to do with Windows 10. Like I have read a dozens of threads about this or smiliar issue and all of them were from Win 10 users. What I also didn't mention is that it is the second time I encountered this issue. First time it also happened after the game crash, but there wasn't any error. With time it fixed by itself. I don't remember how and when that happened. 

I would appreciate any help.

Cheers!

Edited by Wenex, 12 May 2017 - 10:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:43 AM

go to the control panel and adjust the sensetivity

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:42 AM

Did you try removing the mouse drivers and then reinstalling them? I did not see that in the list.

#4 Wenex

Wenex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:28 PM

Did you try removing the mouse drivers and then reinstalling them? I did not see that in the list.

Any guide how to do that? I know how to remove the device, update drivers, but not how to remove drivers.

Edited by Wenex, 13 May 2017 - 02:28 PM.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:27 PM

Any guide how to do that? I know how to remove the device, update drivers, but not how to remove drivers.

Did you install some mouse specific drivers (i.e. from a disc that came with the mouse or from the manufacturer's website)? Or are you just using the default Windows mouse driver?

#6 robertdane101

robertdane101

• Banned Spammer
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:01 AM

Make and model? A random search on google suggests it's due to manufacturer's driver. have you installed any such?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users