Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Playback/Screen Capture Black Screen Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MTG30

MTG30

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

Hello everyone,

Got a weird one that I can't seem to find an answer to, hoping someone may have seen this or have a fix for it.

I have a program call Verint that we use to use as a screen capture for call center CSRs.

I have a few sups that can't do a screen capture in this program and some that can. For the life of me I can't figure out why. No profiles, or encryption differences..

Here is what I have seen on them..

The video plays back fine, if you move the window where the video is playing, the window moves... but the actual footage of the movie doesn't.. once the screen is moved off that section, the entire video playblack screen is black, can still hear audio..  it's not till you move the window back over to where it was originally that you can start seeing the video again...

If you try to use snagit, or any other method of screen capture, it appears to have it, but when paste it - it is just a black window!

Windows 7 Lenovo Laptops (T440,450s).. 

Anyone have any guidance on this issue.??

I've uninstalled the display drivers, made sure all updates are done (windows/Lenovo)

Really giving me a run here... 

TIA !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Verint Customer Support issue, IMO.

If you are saying that Snagit doesn't work properly on these same systems...there has to be something anomalous in those systems that prevent proper functioning of that program.

Since you are talking multiple systems...seems to me that you need to isolate the common factor in all systems where Verint does not function appropriately.

Louis

#3 MTG30

MTG30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

Hi Louis,

It's not really SnagIt, it's snipping tool, or even the simple ALT+Print screen.

Half of systems it works on and half don't... there is no rhyme or reason to it. Same image, same everything..  just has to be some sort of video/graphics thing that I just can't get.

It's not any sort of anti-virus or encryption security setting... otherwise no one would be able to do this..

I think I'll reach out to Verint, even though believe it's related to the laptop software/hardware..

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:03 AM

Whatever theory you take...I think it might be helpful to compare the application and system errors reflected for each system...using Event Viewer.

If it's the app, something should be in Apps section.  If it's Windows, something should be in the System section. If it's a driver, there should be documentation of BSODs in Event Viewer.

Drivers are included in many software packages...firewalls, AV, video editors, graphics editors, music editors...and more.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 12 May 2017 - 08:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users