Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Radeon 9200 Series

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 quayhouse

quayhouse

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:53 AM

Hi all, i have a problem with my ati radeon 9200 series graphics card. The problem has got so bad now that i cannot play on wow only really use msn and if im lucky search the web. I would like to reformat but unfortunaltely the original installation driver cd has been damaged and i cannot find the original driver on the ati site. I have checked in my devices and it appears i have 2 grapics installed one running as secondary both 9200 i dont know how i have managed to do this to be honest can anyone help if i have made any sense? I'm running on xp home. Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:36 PM

Here's the newest ATi driver that supports the 9200 series. See if that helps. You don't have two graphic cards installed, the second in the display settigns is like a backup setting on the card. I think?

Could you explain what exactly the problem looks like, why can't you get on MSN sometimes, does WoW Lag, or play choppy? Does your backround look...normal, or is it blurry and there's any aftifacts ( Aftifacts are random bloches, that can occur when doing something, usualy it happens when the card isn't working properly, or when it's overclocked to much) If only MSN and WoW aren't working, it could be a network problem.

Edited by protozero, 07 September 2006 - 12:45 PM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 quayhouse

quayhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:03 AM

Hi and thanks for your response. I will try the new driver hopefully it will help. The problem was with when i have any application open it would be slow to load up and if i moved it i had white parts where it had been as if id dragged it (i.e it tiled over the screen when i moved it). This appears to have been sorted with reloading xp. The problem with wow is that the screen is blotchy and the lag is so bad it is not worth playing again hopefully the driver update will sort this out. the other 2 pcs networked to it work fine and i've not overclocked the card i'm really hoping its not time for a new one! :thumbsup:

#4 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:01 PM

Yes, it should hopefully help. You get that kind of performance from a vidoe card that was jsut slamed in and is using some temporary generic windows driver.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#5 mrs ed

mrs ed

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:06 PM

you will find the drivers tou need here

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default...amp;folderID=27
av-90996.gif

#6 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

you will find the drivers tou need here

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default...amp;folderID=27

Don't confuse him. I gave him a link to the latest driver that supports his video card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users