Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing HD630 Drivers on a Windows 7 Laptop.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EvilHamster

EvilHamster

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Hi all.

I bought a new Laptop with an i5 7200U CPU and a Nvidea 950m GPU. It had windows 10 (as expected), so I backed it up and installed windows 7 on top.

Despite the Laptop manufacturers not officially supporting windows 7, I was able to install most drivers without too much problems.

I also installed the windows 7 updates until Kabylake compatibility of course jumped up at the end. The one thing I really need now, is the Intel graphic driver.

I download the drivers on Intel's webpage. Windows 7 is btw. listed under the supported OS's.

But when I try to install, I get this message

"Your computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software."

I should say that I did not install windows 7 as UEFI, but on legacy mode. Could that be it? (Please don't just say yes, unless you are having reason to believe so. It takes many many hours to install everything on a 5400 rpm HDD, including the updates.)

Is there any way I can install intels drivers on Windows 7? Btw. I also tried an older version of the driver, from 2016. Still does not work. Same error message.

The Laptop is an Acer E5 575G

Cheers everyone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Legacy or UEFI mode should not make a difference regarding what drivers will install. Is this a dual GPU computer, Nvidia and intel?

From the specs it seems you only have one GPU, the Nvidia 950m.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.GHHAA.004

#3 EvilHamster

EvilHamster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:32 AM

There is no such thing as only one the 950m with modern CPU's, since they have their own GPU's. So does the 7200u. It has the HD 630.

Nvidia does not allow me to install its drivers, until I have the Intel drivers. Besides, for the dual GPU's, its nice to have both, since they like to switch, depending on the use.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:05 AM

It has the HD 630.

Are you sure? According to:

https://ark.intel.com/products/95443/Intel-Core-i5-7200U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz

" Intel® HD Graphics 620 "

That would only be a problem if you were installing drivers unique to HD 630. Without knowing the specific driver, hard to investigate further.

On the other hand:

Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

Intel® Core™ Processors Windows 7
Intel® HD Graphics 630 No
Intel® HD Graphics 620 No

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html

Again, possibly:

"You are getting that message because you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) computer and you are required to install custom drivers directly from your computer manufacturer.
There is a way to install the Intel® graphics drivers..."

https://communities.intel.com/thread/110254

Edited by Platypus, 11 May 2017 - 04:07 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#6 EvilHamster

EvilHamster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

I found the solution.

Thanks all.

Edited by EvilHamster, 11 May 2017 - 01:33 PM.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for letting us know :).

Happy computing :).

Louis

#8 EvilHamster

EvilHamster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:01 PM

No Problem. I also managed to install the USB drivers, which is the other complicated thing. 

I thought I would mention it, in case someone else needs it. 

Than, download the windows 7 file.

Unzip it. There are 2 .inf files under USB_driver\x64.

Go to device manager and click update driver, browse my computer for drivers, let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, have disk. Install iusb3xhc first. I got a new USB entry, and a new unknown device. Go to unknown device and install driver, than browse my computer, than let me pick. This time, one has to first pick the device. Pick the USB entry (at the bottom) and again click on I have disk. Now choose the second i.e. iusb3hub. 

You might get more unknown devices, bus USB does not work. No matter. Just restart the PC. Everything, including the USB works now. At least for me.

OF COURSE, I take no responsibility for anything. Make backups etc. 

Cheers.

Btw. I might make a whole guide tomorrow on how to install Windows 7 on an E5 575G laptop. Many parts of that might also work on many other Kaby Lake based PC's. I will post it in a new thread, if these kinds of guides are welcome on this forum. (It might just be a question and answer forum, I have not been here often).

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users