Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weirdness from Google IP addresses

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pavzaq

pavzaq

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

I can't seem to upload the photo - so here it is via a link to my facebook account. I am doing routine firewall log inspections and have noticed a significant increase in port scan from google. Thoughts? 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209216974208689&set=a.1378501709848.2054910.1451040027&type=3

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 18 May 2017 - 04:57 PM.
Moved from 'Web browsing etc.' to 'Firewalls ets.'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

If I were you, I'd download, install & run Malwarebytes, Avast AntiVirus and CCleaner just to be sure. Then, when I'm finished, I would uninstall them and delete my Prefetch folder in :C/Windows.
I don't think your computer is infected or anything. My impression is that this is just one of those ultra-intrusive Google operations.
Good luck!:)

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Are you using any Google services or programs?

Even if you are not, it is possible that someone who had your IP address before was (you likely have a dynamic IP address from your ISP, so you might currently have an IP address that someone else had in the past, either recently or less recently).

Frankly, I would not really worry about it. But, if you do want to worry about, then as a start you do what Just_One_Question suggested or even post to the "Am I Infected?" forum.

#4 pavzaq

pavzaq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback and ideas - all of the devices on my Client's network are clean - they have all been rigorously scanned w/ adwcleaner, malware-bytes-anti-rootkit, malware-bytes, and malware-bytes chameleon, and junk-ware remover. I also have VIPRE installed on all of the machines - and I prompted a full definitions update before queuing everything for a deep scan. I did all of this moments after finding the large number of hits from google. As for the IP address idea - this is a static IP address that my client has had for a long period of time - long before they hired my firm to perform their IT security. I was just curious as to other peoples thoughts on the large number of hits - which has never happened before in the three years I have been monitoring this firewall. 

#5 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:17 PM

Are you using Chrome as your browser?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users