Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows wont detect my TV after using DDU to uninstall Display Driver

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Vancer2

Vancer2

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

I used Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall my ATI Drivers. I reinstalled them and now my computer is not detecting my TV. It does not appear under the list of playback devices. I have tried uninstalliing and reinstalling the latest version of ReLive from www.support.amd.com. Nothing works. I thought maybe someone here could help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

I am not sure this is your problem but right click the speaker icon in the system tray. Select Playback devices. Right click in the Playback window and make sure disabled and disconnected devices is checked. Is there an HDMI device shown? You are using HDMI to connect to your TV, correct?

#3 Vancer2

Vancer2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

To answer your questions. I had disabled and disconnected devices checked before posting. I am using HDMI to connect to my TV. The weird thing is when I turn on my TV,I can hear the windows device plug and windows device disconnect sound while the TV screen is still black during its warmup phase.

Edited by Vancer2, 10 May 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:42 PM

The catalyst or crimson driver you access by right clicking the desktop may have a HDMI setting. I doubt the TV settings have anything to do with the problem as this happened after a driver cleanup. Is there a High Definition Audio Device listing in your playback devices? 

#5 Vancer2

Vancer2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:30 PM

There are several, but none of them are the name of my TV. And they are Realtek. My PC was detecting my TV before I used DDU to uninstall my display driver. I just checked my AMD radeon settings.  It says I do not have an AMD Audio Driver available which is weird I had one before the DDU must have erased it. Do you know where I can get one? Like I said before, I have tried reinstalling the software from the AMD website and tried using custom but the option for anything close to an audio driver is not on the list.

Edited by Vancer2, 10 May 2017 - 08:35 PM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

That should be part of the graphics driver. If you download the AMD detection utility does it ask you to update your drivers? Can you post a screenshot of Playback devices?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

#7 Vancer2

Vancer2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

For some stupid reason. There is no auto detect too. Its just the latest ATI minimal setup. click that link and click download when it gives you the option to save, look at the filename. Someone really screwed up bad.

Here,

I have 2 other devices called Line 1 and Line 2,

pRK7gNG.png

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:02 AM

The only thing I got on vb-audio was this. Are you using the mixer for the TV?

I don't know what happened with that tool. I was wondering about the huge size. As can see on this page from the wayback machine the file is only supposed to be approx 5mb. Something changed at the end of the year. You may want to contact AMD support and ask why the size for the autodetect utility changed. 

Clicking the link on the wayback page will download the autodetect utility. I would contact AMD support first.

#9 Vancer2

Vancer2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

I can't detect my TV so I can't use my mixer for TV...

Autodetect says I have the latest driver installed.

Edited by Vancer2, 11 May 2017 - 03:31 PM.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

I doubt it will help but try powercycling the computer. Pull the power and the battery if a laptop and it's easily accessible. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Attach the power and replace the battery.

I am pretty much out of ideas on this one, sorry.  I will post an image of my playback device for AMD showing the High Definition Audio.

Attached Files

Edited by JohnC_21, 11 May 2017 - 03:39 PM.

#11 Vancer2

Vancer2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

:o I just went to Device Manager and ticked Show Hidden devices. I saw PCI device under Unknown devices. It had no driver. I clicked update driver and it found the AMD driver. You can consider this Topic CLOSED :bananas: :bananas: :bananas:

Edited by Vancer2, 11 May 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

Nice Troubleshooting. Thanks for the update. BC does not normally close threads. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users