Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

retrieve the mail contents and contacts from ost?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dominickennedy096

dominickennedy096

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

This is using Exchange 2012 server. The server hard disk was found faulty, and no way to recovered. I've to setup OS, Exchange from the scratch. After server part is done, I have to move to user workstation, rejoin them to the new domain.

There are few users claimed that they got a lot mail contents and contacts kept in their previous OST file. I did tried to rename to reuse the old OST, but to no avail.  is there anyway to open the OST file, as to retrieve the mail contents and contacts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dominickennedy096

dominickennedy096
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:47 AM

what can I do? any ideas? 

#3 AlexisDucharme

AlexisDucharme

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

You won't be able to open the OST file directly. 

Can you open Outlook?  if so can you see the mailbox and everything?  If so, that is the contents of that file.  Export that.  

#4 AlexisDucharme

AlexisDucharme

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:35 AM

If not, the only option I know of is to purchase a converter.  There are several out there.  I looked a while back and I never could find a free one. I bought outlook ost cannot be open

#5 dominickennedy096

dominickennedy096
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

I am very grateful for your advice. Thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users