Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automation script won't work if no one is connected to a Windows VPS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheDcoder

TheDcoder

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:55 AM

I have a automation script (mouse and keyboard automation) which works with a application installed on a Windows Server 2012 VPS.

It works perfectly when I am connected to the VPS via RDP. But when I am not connect, the script won't work! It stops/freezes, this is very strange. I guess that it needs a virtual display/screen/session to work properly. I have searched about this but none of the solutions worked for me, so as a last hope I am posting it here.

The script does some automation task when called from PHP (It is not a PHP script, PHP just calls the script) and returns some information back after automating. This won't work when I am not connected to the VPS so it returns a `502 Gateway Timeout` error. The automation script seems to stop at the point where it's supposed to focus/click something...

(P.S This question was originally posted at ServerFault)

Edited by TheDcoder, 10 May 2017 - 11:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:40 AM

Yeah i can remember someone else had this issue when the RDP session was closed it would disconnect the user and then stop the session of the Macro because it was running under a user account.

I would try running the software under a System account using task scheduler mate. I think thats how they got around that issue.

I knew of a company that had this software that clicked an email and then saved it to a folder, it was all automated by recording the mouse actions through a macro in outlook, if the screen resolution changed it wouldn't work LOL.

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 11 May 2017 - 04:40 AM.

#3 TheDcoder

TheDcoder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:08 AM

I would try running the software under a System account using task scheduler mate. I think thats how they got around that issue.

Nope, didn't work :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users