Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1920x1080 monitor and 1920x1080 resolution but still two inch black bar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

I am having an issue with a Viore monitor on a Dell Optiplex 780 running Windows 7. I set my screen resolution to 1920x1080 and my monitor is a 1920x1080 but I still have a black bar about two inches on the left and it will not fill it at all.

Underscan Percentage is already set at 0 in the Intel Graphics Properties so that is not the issue like every website says to do. because it is already set at that.

And I cannot disable scaling because the only options are "maintain display scaling" and "Custom Resolution" both of which leave the black bar.

Might I mention that everything is blurred because it is not really on 1920x1080 unlike my PC says because of the black bars.

Edited by Sylveon Fetish, 09 May 2017 - 09:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:08 AM

Install Proper Drivers first. 

Also check with the physical settings of the monitor. (Orientation, Zooming, Scaling) 

And also Cables check of they are properly connected.

Also check and clean registry and any other cleaning.

If all of the above conditions are good then the monitor might have gone bad.

#3 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:40 AM

All the above are good, I checked, and the monitor is not bad because it works fine on a Windows XP machine.

But it still does this

#4 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

No help?? :(

I tried uninstalling the Intel driver completely, letting Windows install the generic driver, and then reinstalling the Intel driver. And it was working for a little bit, no black bars, filling the entire screen. But my display automatically turned off due to inactivity and when I moved the mouse, I am back to square 1! I have the black bar again, and nothing I do will fit the screen. This is definitely a driver issue, and I don't want to have to constantly uninstall the Intel driver nonstop just to get full screen.

Can I please get some help?

#5 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:15 AM

Perhaps the Operating System might be a culprit.

This is not a actual solution but check by running any Linux Live CD (Linux Mint or Puppy Linux) on your system and check how the monitor is functioning on Linux. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users