Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help on Windows Reset to Factory Specifications

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

I am helping a friend that had real problems with her Windows 10 Acer Laptop.

It had so many problems that  we decided to return to factory specifications.  The hard is only 23 gigs.

All went well and after the installation the computer is going back to 64% with installing features and

drivers showing in blue which I take to mean it is complete.  Configuring settings goes to 89% than it 

restarts.  It is a continuous loop back to the 64%.

I am not sure what else I can do.  I do know they say you need to be patient and wait.  I would sure appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

Is this a reset from within Windows or a complete clean reinstall using the Media Creation Tool? If a reset from withing Windows I would download the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and do a clean install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

23GB for a hard drive is really pushing it for Windows 10. As you can see 20GB is the absolute minimum for 64bit and 32bit is even 16GB.

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:59 AM

Processor:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC

Is that single-core? So Windows 10 needs atleast 1Ghz single-core CPU and 2GB of RAM in order to run comfortably?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

There are dual core processors at 1GHz

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Jaguar/AMD-A4-Series%20A4-1250.html

I wouldn't want to run Windows 10 on a 1GHz CPU.

#5 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

I see. Thank you!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users